We are the Ekklesia in Matthew 16:18-19

Matthew 16:18-19 "I will build My Church, and the gates of hell will not overpower it or hold against it. I will give My keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever you bind or forbid on earth must be bound and forbidden in heaven; and whatsoever you loose or declare lawful must be loosed and considered lawful in heaven."

Thursday, January 27, 2022

Sometimes in the middle of winter, we grow weary for the springtime to arrive.  At times it seems as if spring will never come.  But it will. Song of Solomon 2:10-14, " My beloved spoke and said to me; Rise up my love, my fair one. And come away.  For lo the winter is past, the rain is over and gone, the flowers appear on the earth; the time of singing has come, and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land.  Then the fig tree puts forth her green figs.  And the vines with the tender grapes give a good smell.  Rise up my love, my fair one and come away!  O my dove in the clefts of the rock.  In the secret places of the cliff.  Let me see your face, let me hear your voice.  For your voice is sweet and your face is lovely." 

Jesus is inviting us to come deeper into our relationship with Him at this time.  If we want to leap into the excitement of the spiritual season of spring, then we must come to the secret place and spend time with our Beloved Christ and allow Him to whisper into our hearts the secrets of His heart.  The Lord is calling us into an excitement with Him in a new season for the Church.  If we would go deep into His heart and abandon ourselves to His love, He will lift us to new heights. 

I have learned so much of what it means to be Christ like.... but I have a LONG WAY to go.  I long to hide myself in the secret place, and climb to the clefts of the rock which require my complete trust in the Lord as He carries me through the places of spiritual difficulty. It will be in these seasons that we will see the greatest transformations of our lifetime. We can't be content to simply be ourselves anymore, we need to allow Christ to have a bigger role in our lives.  

In the Beatitudes we are told, blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness for they shall be satisfied.  Being thirsty and hungry is a good posture to be in to receive the promise of God, that we will be filled.  In this place of crying out for more of God, we come to His table and receive the promise we will be satisfied.

The world makes such a promise to us, but is never able to fulfill that promise. The world system and all it offers, leaves us empty, sometimes wounded, and often very weary.  

Jesus tells us to come to Him all who are weary and He will give you rest.  As we rest in Him in this season of upheaval, He wants to satisfy us with more of His Presence living inside us.  We are the Dwelling Place where He chooses to live.  The fresh Wind of the Holy Spirit must be invited to blow over us to bring a refreshing, and the power of the Living God to sustain us.   


Do not settle for what was...instead, respond to the invitation for more, and reach deep inside the Father's heart and allow Him to do a new thing in you and watch it spring forth in this new season of your life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment